The National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) respects your privacy. Any information gathered on the site is for the express purpose of determining how this site is used to further learning by individuals and families. You may always choose whether to enter any personal information. Any information collected will not be sold, under any circumstances, to any third party.
1. Types of Information We Collect
Data collected through one or more collection points on our website and/or owned social and digital properties may be aggregated and used for internal research purposes.
Learn to Earn Toolkit Registration
The Volunteer Toolkit registration form includes the following required fields to access all content and features on the website:
- First name
- Last name
- E-mail address
- Learn to Earn Toolkit password
- If you are a student or instructor
Additional optional entry form fields (fields not required to participate) include:
- Is English your first language?
- Level of education completed
- Children and their ages
- Information you provide in public forums on the website
- Information posted where we are permitted by law to collect this information
- Information you provide to us when you use the website or share to third-party platforms such as social networking sites
- Location information when you visit the website, including location information either provided by a mobile device interacting with one of our sites or applications, or associated with your IP address, where we are permitted by law to process this information
- Usage, viewing, and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit the website or open emails we send
2. How We Collect the Information
- We collect information through technology, such as cookies, Flash cookies, and Web beacons, including when you visit our sites and applications or use our applications on third-party sites or platforms.
3. Use of Your Information by National Center for Families Learning (NCFL)
NCFL will be the data controllers for your information. Trusted contracted service providers may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the data controller (as a data processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a data controller) for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the products and services you request
- Communicate with you about your account and send you information about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies
- Consistent with local law and choices and controls that may be available to you:
- Send you offers and promotions for our products and services or third-party products and services
- Personalize content and experiences on our swebsite
- Optimize or improve our products, services, and operations
- Detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be illegal
4. Sharing Your Information with Third Parties
We will not share your personal information outside NCFL except in limited circumstances, including:
- When you allow us to share your personal information with another company, such as:
- Directing us to share your personal information with third-party sites or platforms, such as social networking sites.
- Please note that once we share your personal information with another company, the information received by the other company becomes subject to the other company’s privacy practices.
- When companies perform services on our behalf, like package delivery and customer service; however, these companies are prohibited from using your personal information for purposes other than those requested by us or required by law.
5. Your Controls and Choices
We provide you the ability to exercise certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of your information. In accordance with local law, your controls and choices may include:
- You may correct, update, and delete your registration account
- You may change your choices for subscriptions, newsletters, and alerts
- You may request access to the personal information we hold about you and that we amend or delete it and we request third parties with whom we have shared the information do the same
You may exercise your controls and choices, or request access to your personal information, by contacting email@example.com, or following instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect personal information from you, we may not be able to deliver certain products and services to you, and some of our services may not be able to take account of your interests and preferences. If you have questions regarding the specific personal information about you that we process or retain, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Data Security, Integrity, and Retention
7. Policy Changes
NCFL reserves the right to make changes to the policies of this website at any time. Any policy updates will apply to everyone using the website and will replace prior policies.